Can't register Broker VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't register Broker VM

L0 Member

I downloaded and setup the Broker VM Virtual machine in Hyper V on a server 2016 computer, I log into the IP address, go through the setup steps, test my connection to the time server, then click register and paste the token from the page I got the VM download from and a few seconds later I get an error message.

Any advice would be appreciated.

JustinbrokerVMerror.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

It looks like the network the broker vm is on cannot communicate out to distribution.traps.paloaltonetworks.com on port 443. I would check any outbound rules you have i place. 

PB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

It looks like the network the broker vm is on cannot communicate out to distribution.traps.paloaltonetworks.com on port 443. I would check any outbound rules you have i place. 

PB

I opened the network up so it should be letting anything through from my brokerVM server and I get the same message still.  I added an SSL Policy rule with the applications cortex-xdr and traps-management-service and left it any to any and allow, just trying to see what is stopping me and can lock it down later.  

Thanks for any ideas.

L1 Bithead

@Justin.Hefley , you may try to verify if the Broker VM is able to resolve and connect to "distributions.traps.paloaltonetworks.com" using command lines:

1. openssl s_client -connect distributions.traps.paloaltonetworks.com:443

2. ping distributions.traps.paloaltonetworks.com

If it doesn't connect, you may want to verify the DNS settings on the Broker VM.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!