Checkpoint R77.30 to Paloalto migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Checkpoint R77.30 to Paloalto migration

L2 Linker

Hi,

I would like to migrate a couple of Checkpoint Firewalls to Paloalto but I’m not sure what’s the best approach to proceed with this migration. Also, Checkpoint has all blades ON with full configuration. Does Expedition migration tool able to migrate all Checkpoint Blades configuration?

Is any documentation available for Checkpoint to Paloalto migration procedure?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello,

The checkpoint blades should only affect the interface portion of the migration, all of the other configuration portions should be able to move in without an issue. You will need to address this once you migrate in the configuration and remap the network interfaces.

Although I do not have any videos for checkpoint but once you migrate the configuration most of the steps in the ASA video are the same.

Cisco ASA migration video

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqVez8EBeoyRsnQcKTA5FuZ-

I hope that's helpful.

Thank you so much for the info. I tried but seems like NAT is an issue for Object NAT in a checkpoint during the conversion for PA. Also, VPN config won't import from Checkpoint. So not sure if this tool will help much or not. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!