Checkpoint VSX to Palo Alto Vsys Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Checkpoint VSX to Palo Alto Vsys Migration

L0 Member

Hi Team,

I am working on a project where Checkpoint Firewall VSX environment is to be migrated on Palo Alto’s Vsys environment.

All the Palo Alto firewalls will be managed by PANORAMA. Checkpoint's Version is R80.40

Can anybody help me share the exact steps, using expedition tool.

I have some queries regarding expedition tool which are given below:

1. What will be the extra steps, which I need follow for Checkpoint’s VSX to Palo Alto’s V-sys environment in compare of normal migration (without virtual firewalls).
  2. As we need to use a “base configuration file”  in expedition, on which we will import and merge checkpoint’s config file.

So for this purpose I need to fetch “base configuration file” from PANORAMA or directly from firewalls?    ............ and what will be the steps for it ?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Here is a video on an export and merger that may help you. The base configuration for panorama will be what you export from panorama at the time of the merger and hopefully all of the configurations are on panorama at the time and they push the templates to the adjacent firewalls, because most of the configurations should be saved to panorama the firewalls themselves may not have any configurations on them so yes you would likely use the panorama configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMHfO4MA0jw&list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqVez8EBeoyRsnQcKTA5FuZ-&index=8

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!