Region Discovery Job Failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Region Discovery Job Failing

L1 Bithead

I am unable to get region discovery jobs working in my Expedition instance. I can discover networks as expected but the "Analyze Enabled Networks" feature never produces any output. The Spark job appears to be hung but all steps are listed as successfully completed.

I have imported the regions from the Panorama device in the project and I can view existing regions as expected, I just can't create/discover new ones.

I do not see any specific errors in the error files for the job in /tmp.

Please let me know what I can do to troubleshoot this.

All ML and RE features are working normally within this same project (log connector appears fine), it is just this one region discovery job that is not working.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi @IanGraham 

Thanks for reaching out.

I reproduced the error in my lab, let me check it and get back to you. You can use the email list fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com for any doubt or suggestion.

Best regards,

David

Thanks David, I am going to reach out on the email list today to see if there's something that can be fixed without a hotfix. If you come up with anything new please let me know.

Thanks!

L0 Member

Any update?

I am working with the expedition team on this still. A workaround for now is to use the advanced options in the ML rule import to create /24s and ranges. Not exactly the same as regions but it's similar.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!