shared custom app-id migration to 8.1 PA-220R

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

shared custom app-id migration to 8.1 PA-220R

L1 Bithead

Hey All,

had an issue today while migrating apps from 7050 config to pa220R (bloody slow device) with 8.1.5 on board.

on 7050 I have few vsyse's with shared applications and application-groups used (to share them in ruleset between vsyses). New PA-220R are installed in network to has one of vsyses config on it. So, after merging config in Expedition (and MigrationTool after), I was trying to load it to device and I got an error while adding shared application part: "Server error : Failed to compose effective config to load. input file doesn't have anything at config/shared/application". Manual editing of xml didn't help, so as workaround I was forced to manualy export/import applications one by one. Application groups were also not migrated, so I was forced to recreate them manualy. Good that I less than 10 apps, what if 50? no possibility to migrate them by group...

I don't know if it is limitation of PA220 or 8.1  so would like to know if anyone had such issue.

May the Force be with You!
2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

sounnds like a PanOS versioning issue. The PA-220R can only run PanOS 8.1+.

Was your base config (in expedtiion) from version 8.0? If yes what you can do is export the PA-220R config and import that configuration into your project and assign it as the abse config. Then merge your applications from the 7050 config into your PA-220R base connfig. 

Hi Sjanita,

yes, base config was from 8.0 (first was from 7.0 even, same behaviour). need some time to get base 8.1 config as devices are configuref already and I missed that chance..

May the Force be with You!
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!