Cannot locate certificate from search function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot locate certificate from search function

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Before deleting I tried to check if the certificate is used anywhere else using the search function and it shows me the result below.

When I select the text line (member...) it does not provide any further information nor takes me where it is located.

Using PAN-OS 7.1.0.

Any idea where to find the text? Certificate.jpg

Thanks in advance.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Farzana,

Some quick investigation on my firewall would point to it picking up the following line. 

</mgt-config>
  <shared>
    <ssl-decrypt>
      <ssl-exclude-cert/>
      <trusted-root-CA>
        <member>WSL Root</member>
        <member>WSL Issuing</member>
      </trusted-root-CA>
    </ssl-decrypt>

I wouldn't be concerned about it

Also just verified that on 8.0.4 at least the issue is fixed and I don't see the 'other' section on the exact same config file. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Farzana,

Some quick investigation on my firewall would point to it picking up the following line. 

</mgt-config>
  <shared>
    <ssl-decrypt>
      <ssl-exclude-cert/>
      <trusted-root-CA>
        <member>WSL Root</member>
        <member>WSL Issuing</member>
      </trusted-root-CA>
    </ssl-decrypt>

I wouldn't be concerned about it

Also just verified that on 8.0.4 at least the issue is fixed and I don't see the 'other' section on the exact same config file. 

Hi @BPry

I just want to ask the question if we are not upgrading the box what is the best way to delete the certificate?

This is a trusted root CA cert and not expired yet.

We tried the suggestion below but did not work.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Delete-Certificates-on-a-Palo-Alto-N...

@Farzana,

I'm actually not running 7.1 on anything anymore so I'm not entirely sure. You should have been able to run the following

> configure

# delete shared ssl-decrypt trusted-root-CA "TUH Network CA"

and delete the CA cert, which if I've identified where this was coming from correctly should remove the listing completely. If you run "show shared ssl-decrypt trusted-root-CA" and hit tab, do you see the TUH Network CA listed at all? 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!