Custom Block Page

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Block Page

L3 Networker

Hi

I'm finding it really difficult to upload a customised url block page. Each time I do it only the default page appears. Out of around 20 times of uploading the edited txt message (custom block message) it's only ever updated to the new message on one occasion.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'm running 4.1.3

Thanks

Rod

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

After you upload, do you perform a commit?

Which browser do you use? I think I saw something similar in another thread where uploading (or if it was downloading) from the admin gui was buggy with some browser. Unfortunately I dont remember if this was fixed and if so in which version.

Thanks for your reply. I've downloaded to 4.1 for other non related issues and used IE8 to upload the custom block pages. It seems there are a few issues in 4.1.4...

Its now working as expected.

Thanks

Rod

Not applicable

I've also noted this issue in 4.1.4. when trying to change the default page and also when trying to modify an existing custom block page.

I dont believe its a browser upload issue as I've verified the new custom block pages were included in the device config.. (they are stored in base64 encoded format directly in the config.)

Rebooting the device (or possibly just restarting software services) will get a newly uploaded respone page to actually display properly but thats hardly a great solution for most businesses.

I'm having this same issue running 4.1.3, yeah definitaly not ideal having to restart services just to get it to read the file..

Wasn't look at doing an upgrade soon, but we might have to..

Ugh!

Thanks!

-Steve

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!