Disable Weak cipher suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Disable Weak cipher suite

L4 Transporter

Has anyone had success getting past a B on ssllabs for the globalprotect web portal

# TLS 1.2 (suites in server-preferred order)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xc014)   ECDH secp256r1 (eq. 3072 bits RSA)   FS   WEAK256

TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0x39)   DH 2048 bits   FS   WEAK

When i disable Weak cipher  suite i got this error please suggest

Joshan_Lakhani_2-1597424067542.png

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Joshan_Lakhani 

Seems your SSL/TLS profile  uses a cert and that cert might be using these ciphers when you disable weak ciphers.

I tested this on my PA and did the commit and no issues.

Please check Ciphers used the certificate for SSL/TLS profile.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18 

As i  have  disable the all the other weak cipher only one cipher suite cbc-256 is when i disable this error is Kindly suggest

L4 Transporter

You can disable the weak ciphers w/ CLI commands.  This Reddit thread has a good walk-through.  When I followed it, I got up to an A- on the SSLLabs evaluation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paloaltonetworks/comments/hexquf/global_protect_and_cipher_suites/

L0 Member

Run the following commands on in the cli at the edit prompt.

then commit

set shared ssl-tls-service-profile ?  (to get the security profile name)

set shared ssl-tls-service-profile (select your security profile here) protocol-settings keyxchg-algo-rsa no
set shared ssl-tls-service-profile (select your security profile here) protocol-settings enc-algo-rc4 no
set shared ssl-tls-service-profile (select your security profile here) protocol-settings enc-algo-aes-256-cbc no
set shared ssl-tls-service-profile (select your security profile here) protocol-settings enc-algo-3des no
set shared ssl-tls-service-profile (select your security profile here) protocol-settings auth-algo-sha1 no

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!