EBL Issues

L3 Networker

How are you testing this rule? From which side/IP the traffic is initiated? 

If the Threat traffic log shows it as server-to-client flow and src: 184.24.76.74 & dst: 10.191.44.21 then my guess traffic is inititated from 10.191.44.21 to 184.24.76.74, that way this EBL policy will not match. If traffic/session would be initiated from the 184.x.x.x, that the source address would matter when traffic hits Palo Alto (unless something is different for Dynamic Lists as I have not used them). But when you said using simple IP without EBL worked fine, that made me question my assumptions, but still sharing them with you.

Anyway you can try testing if the policy matches through CLI #test security-policy-match ... and try taking a look at #show running security-policy if there are EBL addresses seen within the rule. Additionally check session information by #show session id for that particular session.

What PANOS version are you running on?

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite

Once I applied the rule with the EBL as the destination instead of the source then it stated working as it should.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!