How to select multiple objects at the same time ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to select multiple objects at the same time ?

L3 Networker

Hello,

I wnder that there is no way to select multiple objects at the same time when creating a group object ? Indeed, when I create several addresses, and I create a group to inculde all these addresses, I have to select one address at a time.

Immagine when you have to create a group that should contain dozen of addresses, and you cannot use the [ctrl] or [shift] key to select multiple objects ?

Regards,

Laurent

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

This falls into the catagory of a feature request. You should bring this up with your reseller or Paloalto SE. They will then pass these suggestions to Product Management.

Steve Krall

L3 Networker

Yeah, I feel the same pain when wanting to add multiple objects for NATs and policies. It would be really nice since most of my objects are named to where they line up in the drop down list anyways.

Hello,

Just to let you know that I have raised a FR to my SE, so wait and see...

Laurent

L3 Networker

Hello,

As a workaround, I guess that we could edit the XML configuration file to quickly add objects. However this is not a user-friendly method.

Regards,

Laurent

another option is to use the command line

Connect via SSH

type configure <enter>

for an address group

type set address-group name [ address1 address2 ... address last ] <enter>

example set address-group local_networsk [ DMZ Net_10.1.0.0 Net_172.16.1.0 Net_172.16.11.0 ]

for a NAT translation

type set rulebase nat rules name from zone source [ address1 address 2 ... address_last]  service any to zone destination address_external  destination-translation address_internal <enter>

example set rulebase nat rules webservices from Untrust source any to Untrust destination Web_External service any destination-translation Web_Internal

don't forget to issue a commit when you are done.

hope that helps.

James

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!