Save Credentials Global Protect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Save Credentials Global Protect

L1 Bithead

Hey Guys,

I'm running the latest software with 7.1.5 and Global Protect 3.1.1, and I'm missing the feature to save the credentials. In the agent settings I configured the Save User Credentials to Yes, but neither the username nor the password is really saved. Also I tried to add the registry key for the option to save the credentials on the client workstation, but it's still not working. Anybody else having this problem or am I missing something?

Many thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

so I installed a Paloalto 200 VM and activated the global protect portal, now it's working. I personally think that the client software is really confusing, there is no checkbox to save the credentials, but why? The only thing you can do is to uninstall the client, install it again and see if it works, but that's just annoying for the customer if he has a lot of clients.

I just hope they completly rebuild the interface of the client in the future.

Many thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Hi!

I have a similary setup running just fine with 7.1.5 and GlobalProtect 3.1.3. You can try to unistall GP from the client machine and make sure to connect to the desired portal, and after the first connection check if you still have the problem.

One more thing, are you using cert authentication too? if the username is extracted from the cert, this could cause some problems.

Hope this helps,

Haytham

I uninstalled the client, rebooted the workstation and installed it again via the web portal, but the credentials are still not saved. I'm only using basic username and password authentication with local DB.

I will try to setup a new palo and give it a try there, I'll keep you updated

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

so I installed a Paloalto 200 VM and activated the global protect portal, now it's working. I personally think that the client software is really confusing, there is no checkbox to save the credentials, but why? The only thing you can do is to uninstall the client, install it again and see if it works, but that's just annoying for the customer if he has a lot of clients.

I just hope they completly rebuild the interface of the client in the future.

Many thanks anyway!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!