Update application v 339

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Update application v 339

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Since I have updated my active/passive cluster with latest Application and threat content (version 339, released yesterday), some ssl traffic is now recognized as "tor" application.

This traffic is only ssl, not tor.

Is someone else have this problem ??

I have 2 PA-4020 version 4.1.9.

I open a case for this with my network integrator.

I returned to the version 338, it solve the problem.

Regards,

Franck.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Version 340 was released a few hours ago:

"

Note: This content release fixes an issue in content version 339 where some SSL traffic was being misidentified as tor.

"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L0 Member

Hi,

we have the same problem..

Hochschule Magdeburg

PA-4050, 4.1.8

Regards,

Manfred

Same here, PA-5050 cluster, 4.1.9

L3 Networker

Same problem here, rolling back to 338. Anyone open a case on this with PA yet?

Not applicable

Same issue here..  Rolled back to 338.. just opened a case with PA.

Thanks - rolling back to 338 here as well, figured no point us all opening the same so long as you tell them it's not just an isolated case.

Not applicable

Yep.. they're aware.  Already got an email back from our SE saying it's a false positive and we should be seeing a re-release with a fix shortly.

Great - thanks for the update.

L4 Transporter

Hi Guys,

For what we have learned so far through cases are that the following apps are being mis-classified as Tor:

Cisco vpn

Imap

Roku

Radius

Citrix apps

Please revert back to last content version. We are in the process of pulling the content version from the update server until we fix this problem.

Thanks,

Syed Hasnain

Are you missing SSL from that list?

Yes,

SSL should be in the list too.

Thanks,

Syed Hasnain

Version 340 was released a few hours ago:

"

Note: This content release fixes an issue in content version 339 where some SSL traffic was being misidentified as tor.

"

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!