Will this configuration work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Will this configuration work?

L1 Bithead

I will configure 14 VLANs in total. I will connect all Firewall Interface to one of the L2 Switch and I will cascade the other L2 Switches with that L2 Switch. In this case, do we need Trunk? Please check if any problem with such configuration.

There will be no L3 switch and the Firewall will do all the routing.

FW-L2 Switch.png

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hi,

you can connect all the links from the firewall to the switch, in case if you're connecting to the same switch then you can do a port-channel between switch and firewall, in the firewall, you can configure the sub-interfaces for all VLANs, in the switch just configure the port-channel as a trunk, it should work fine for you

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

If the connections to the first switch have multiple vlans, then yes you should use a trunk. Then do as @Basavaraj suggests and make the physical interfaces layer2 with layer2 subinterfaces. Then make your VLAN the layer3 interface.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!