Shared IP in the WAN Side with HA Active/Active and ARP Load Sharing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Shared IP in the WAN Side with HA Active/Active and ARP Load Sharing

L2 Linker

Can we confgure the Shared IP in the WAN side in HA Active/Active?

Because I read in the PAN OS Admin guide two things:

Page 410: As illustrated in the floating IP address scenario, the firewall supports a shared IP address
for ARP load-sharing only on the LAN side of the firewall; the shared IP address cannot be
on the WAN side.

PA Shared IP.png

In the same Guide, page 449:

Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA for ARP Load-Sharing with Destination NAT
This Layer 3 interface example uses NAT in Active/Active HA Mode and ARP Load-Sharing
with destination NAT. Both HA firewalls respond to an ARP request for the destination NAT
address with the ingress interface MAC address. Destination NAT translates the public, shared
IP address (in this example, 10.1.1.200) to the private IP address of the server (in this example,
192.168.2.200).

The configuration of this use case shown that on the WAN Side, a Shared IP or a Virtual Address is configured.

PA Shared IP WAN1.png

My question, is there any contradiction or something I misunderstood?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!