How to check a resource still exists and not been deleted

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to check a resource still exists and not been deleted

L2 Linker

Hi guys.

I am looking at a implementation that has been running for over a year - however little work has been done just yet.  The system has 54000 OPEN alerts.  I want to check which alerts are still valid (ie. do the resource at the end of the alert even exist anymore?)  Is it possible to do that from within REDLOCK/Prism please?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

For this specific circumstance, I would disable all alert rules and let the alerts auto-resolve themselves(this could take a couple of hours).  Then I would re-enable the alerts.  This will cause the system to re-evaluate the alerts based on the most current data and it will re-open any alerts that still have existing resources triggering them.  I would not advise doing this normally but since this implementation hasn't been really used in over a year this might be a good way to go.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

For this specific circumstance, I would disable all alert rules and let the alerts auto-resolve themselves(this could take a couple of hours).  Then I would re-enable the alerts.  This will cause the system to re-evaluate the alerts based on the most current data and it will re-open any alerts that still have existing resources triggering them.  I would not advise doing this normally but since this implementation hasn't been really used in over a year this might be a good way to go.  

L3 Networker

Are these alerts present in RedLock/Prisma Cloud or  elsewhere? Prisma Cloud will resolve the open alerts, if the resource has been deleted or updated with recommended steps.

Thank you a good tip and appreciate not perhaps best practise but a good way to clear the old info.

Thank you.  For clarity where are those recommended steps??  Do you mean just AWS/AZURE steps or something specific with Prisma please?

Prisma CLoud best practices.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!