Natting issue with new subnet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Natting issue with new subnet.

L3 Networker

I am applying destination nat. Natting public ip(untrust zone) to internal ip(trust zone). Public ip subnet is /28.

When access public ip in the monitoring logs it shows me dst zone as Untrust whenit should show dst zone as Trust.

I have policy in place and natting but its not hitting any policy and goes to expicit deny.

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Hi there,

Did you apply the appropriate security policies and NAT policies in place for destination NAT?

Generally there are 2 places to check in your configurations:

NAT Policy:

Destination zone : Pre-NAT IP

Destination address : Pre-NAT IP

Destination Translation : Post-NAT IP

Security Policy

Destination zone : Post-NAT

Destination address : Pre-NAT

Source zone : Pre-NAT

I attached an illustration of diagram below for your reference. Hope it clarifies your understanding of destination NAT

destination NAT diagram.pngdestination NAT configuration.png

L6 Presenter

@jneo very good explanation. I am also always sharing this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXzzZEgIA4

I also like @RafisGaripov PAN videos

Here is part 2 of the above nat video 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_T9mcBAYk

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!