Custom Response Page - Blocked URL Re-categorization Request

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Response Page - Blocked URL Re-categorization Request

L0 Member

We are trying to determine if it is possible to have end-users submit URL Re-categorization Requests directly from a custom response page.

As of right now, we have a custom response page provides a link to "http://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/ChangeASite.aspx" When clicked, the page redirects to TestASite.aspx.  The user must first do a URL look up and can then make the request for category change.

Unfortunately for us, we previously had a FortiGate that would pre-fill the URL Category Change Request form and all users had to do was enter their email address and choose the category they believed was the correct one.  I think most of you know that once it's easy for your users to do a task, they don't like it when things change and add extra work for them.

We're using a PA-3020 running software v5.0.4.

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

I agree, could be interesting if the aspx page could accept variables like

http://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/TestASite.aspx?url=www.google.com

I suggest the feature!

Hi,

Just keep in mind that always the breach is the user. Then just imagine number of re-categorisation received by palo 🙂

Maybe good solution could be to provide user an internal service for re categorize URL, internal validation then submit to palo.

Make sense ?

Rgds

V.

I agree. It would be nice to be able to assign a URL to a category for internal purposes rather than a single generic white list.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!