cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Export allow list in prevention profile "Malware"

L1 Bithead

Hello 🙂

Is there any solution to export the allow list in prevention profiles?

For an example the malware profile?

I already checked in XQL.
Found no dataset where these informations could be exist.

Anyone any suggestions?

Cheers
Tobias

“If security were all that mattered, computers would never be turned on, let alone hooked into a network with literally millions of potential intruders”
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Tobias_Bartsch for sharing additional details i.e. "We would like to control / check the exceptions at regular intervals and document them in our internal documentation."

Since your use case here is to capture allow list for internal documentation then you may try the following workaround - i.e. to capture response in browser developer tools by editing the profile. Now from the response you may extract the allowlist value as shared in below screenshot.

PiyushKohli_1-1690444413350.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi @Tobias_Bartsch 

Thank you for writing to live community!

Unfortunately, there is no option to export allow-list within malware profile in Cortex XDR at this point. However if idea is to use this allow list in new malware profile in the same Cortex XDR tenant/management console then you may try this workaround.

1. Export the Malware profile whose allow-list you would want to be used in new Malware profile.

2. Rename the above malware profile which has been exported to avoid same profile name conflict.

3. Import the Malware profile which was exported at Step 1 and you will have same allow list in this profile. Now you may edit/update the profile name as desired. 

Hope this helps!

Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your query.

Thank You

Hi @PiyushKohli,

first of all: thanks for you reply 😊 🤝

I already knew the export / import feature. That´s not new to me.

But unfortunately this is not the solution to my problem.

We would like to control / check the exceptions at regular intervals and document them in our internal documentation.
The exceptions must be stored somewhere in the tenant, so that a retrieval via XQL or API should be possible.
The export of the profiles does not help at all, because this is
1. is encrypted and
2. does not contain the exceptions.

Are there any other ideas?

“If security were all that mattered, computers would never be turned on, let alone hooked into a network with literally millions of potential intruders”

Thanks @Tobias_Bartsch for sharing additional details i.e. "We would like to control / check the exceptions at regular intervals and document them in our internal documentation."

Since your use case here is to capture allow list for internal documentation then you may try the following workaround - i.e. to capture response in browser developer tools by editing the profile. Now from the response you may extract the allowlist value as shared in below screenshot.

PiyushKohli_1-1690444413350.png

Hope this helps!

Hi @PiyushKohli,

many thanks for this advice 🙂

Works perfectly 🙌

Many thanks and kind regards 🙂

Cheers

Tobias

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!