Global Rule a4978720-39fc-404f-bb74-c3db07ef4f9d - ISO mounted manually questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Rule a4978720-39fc-404f-bb74-c3db07ef4f9d - ISO mounted manually questions

L4 Transporter

Hello dear community, 

in my mount tests I could find out following:

- if you mount the same file name 2 times with different file data inside the iso, the alert isn't created because the file isn't beeing created. I think the recent folder is not made for this, because the lnk file stays there. 

- when mounting via cmd.exe no lnk file is created in recent folder

is there a better way to create a check for mounting iso/img files? 

BR

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi @RFeyertag ,

First of all I want to ask in what version of Windows have you tested that? Secondly please open immediately a TAC case regarding this issue in order to be investigated properly. 

In the mean time I'm researching some ways to identify manually mounted ISOs. 

Thanks,

Silviu

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu

Hello Silviu, 

I tested on Windows 10 Pro 21H2. 

I will open a TAC Ticket as soon as I can. 

BR

Rob

Thanks @RFeyertag !

Also wanted to let you know that I've tested this with 2 different Ubuntu ISO's, in two different locations and same file name as you did and I can see the alerts were generated successfully so it's better to take this forward with TAC.

SilviuMihailDascalu_0-1659969008545.png

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!