USB PRINTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

USB PRINTER

L0 Member

Hi 

I have a issue, In cortex XDR i have usb block policy in that if i remove the ip address then only usb printer is working. I want to block the USB in that pc and same time i want to use USB Printer also. pls give me solution

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi Surendra_Babu,

If you are noticing a specific device being blocked by Cortex XDR due to the "Device Configuration" profile settings, and you want that specific device to be allowed, you will need to configure a device "Exception".

Device Exceptions can be configured to be policy specific by adding the Exception to the "Device Exceptions" profile that is part of the Extension policy assigned to the host the printer is attached to. You also have the option to configure a global Exception for this device, which will apply to all profiles/policies.
To configure a global exception navigate to Endpoints>Policy Management>Device Permanent Exceptions, then enter the device details. Whether you create a global exception, or a profile specific exception using the "Device Exceptions" profile, the same details for the device will need to be entered.

Regards,
Ben

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!