Windows Explorer - Internal Error: Memory Application Failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows Explorer - Internal Error: Memory Application Failure

L0 Member

hello, i have an issue with a specific device on-site that is showing the following error.

cortex xdr.png

cortex xdr 2.png

the user on the device accesses a large number of files on USB drives, fluctuating hundreds of GB per day. she will receive the following error before explorer crashes and must forcibly reboot. the device has 64GB of memory, 500GB m.2 boot drive, a 2TB SSD where majority of the files write to, and a significant pagefile.sys size. i attempted to research the issue but am unable to find anything related to the internal error, memory allocation failure, status code, or from the management web console. 

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Dear @ChristensenJ , 

Hope you are doing well, and thank you for reaching out to the Live Community. From the above query I see you are facing issues with the Memory allocation Failure (MAF) and from the details on the screenshot I can see that the faulting application is Windows Explorer. And I am assuming that this is a Windows 10 Device. 

Please note that Memory allocation failures can occur due to latencies that are associated with growing the size of a page file to support additional memory requirements in the system. A potential cause of these failures is when the page file size is configured as "automatic." Automatic page-file size starts with a small page file and grows automatically as needed.

This is a know issue on Windows 10 for Microsoft and further information and a workaround can be found on the link provided below, thank you: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/slow-page-file-growth-memo...

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!