Dev Content Repository update issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dev Content Repository update issues

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I'm working in a XSOAR Dev to Prod environment.  

The connection from Dev to it's repository branch was broken a while back.

When updating the password I'm getting the following message asking me to discard all of my local Dev changes.

joshuajohnsonco_0-1696876657024.png

I tried connecting the dev side of XSOAR to it's existing branch, and also a new branch.  Same message wanting me to delete all the local changes.  We do not want to delete any local changes on the XSOAR dev server.

Any thoughts on how to reconnect this so I can update the dev repository?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

I would recommend clicking review changes to see what all has not been synced. Before trying anything I would take a backup of either the items individually if there aren't too many or as a whole through About > Troubleshooting > Custom Content > Export. This way, if anything is deleted, you can re-import it. I tested on my own instance by deleting the key in Github, generating a new one, and updating Github and XSOAR with the new key pair while keeping the same branch. After typing in Discard and clicking Continue I got a new screen that asked me which local changes I wanted to migrate to the new configuration as seen here:

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 8.49.21 PM.png

After keeping all those checked and clicking Continue the process finished and I was able to see that content under Local Changes and push it to Github.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

I would recommend clicking review changes to see what all has not been synced. Before trying anything I would take a backup of either the items individually if there aren't too many or as a whole through About > Troubleshooting > Custom Content > Export. This way, if anything is deleted, you can re-import it. I tested on my own instance by deleting the key in Github, generating a new one, and updating Github and XSOAR with the new key pair while keeping the same branch. After typing in Discard and clicking Continue I got a new screen that asked me which local changes I wanted to migrate to the new configuration as seen here:

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 8.49.21 PM.png

After keeping all those checked and clicking Continue the process finished and I was able to see that content under Local Changes and push it to Github.

L1 Bithead

Thank you,

Before I did anything, I ran a backup like you recommended.

Then I ran the playbook XSOAR - Simple Dev to Prod Job to run a second backup just for piece of mind.

I reconnected the login for my Dev server and I did have to type 'Discard' to get to the second confirmation window.

From here, I was able to decide what gets uploaded to the repository, or what gets discarded.

TL:DR, the Discard window is misleading, typing 'Discard' brought me to a second prompt asking what I wanted to upload or discard.  I chose to upload all my changes.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!