Json data in table does not display in PDF reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Json data in table does not display in PDF reports

L1 Bithead

Json data in tables in xsoar does not show up when I try to export the table to a pdf report.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or possibly has an alternative way to display this data in a report.  (see attached screenshots)

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@asawyer I opened a support case in parallel to this post and they informed me that the fix for this is to upgrade the base pack to version (1.33.47).

I have tested this and it now works as expected

Appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hi @OwenTC – I am not having this issue with reports, but the table in my war room entry also looks different when I try to replicate the issue. (It looks like your JSON values that get populated in the table cells contain newlines, and I am not able to replicate this.)

What XSOAR version and build are you on? Also could you please share the exact JSON you are passing in to the JsonToTable command? (Feel free to replace the data values with dummy data but please keep the data structure the same.)

Hi @asawyer 

I am on XSOAR version 6.12

Build version: 857430

Here is the exact JSON being passed

[ { "auth_results": { "dkim": { "domain": "example.com", "result": "pass", "selector": "example" }, "spf": { "domain": "example.com", "result": "fail" } }, "identifiers": { "header_from": "example.com" }, "row": { "count": "1", "policy_evaluated": { "disposition": "none", "dkim": "pass", "spf": "fail" }, "source_ip": "xx.xx.xx.xx" } }, { "auth_results": { "dkim": [ { "domain": "example.com", "result": "pass", "selector": "example" }, { "domain": "example.com", "result": "pass", "selector": "example" } ], "spf": { "domain": "example.com", "result": "fail" } }, "identifiers": { "header_from": "example.com" }, "row": { "count": "1", "policy_evaluated": { "disposition": "none", "dkim": "pass", "spf": "fail" }, "source_ip": "xx.xx.xx.xx" } } ]

is_auto_json_transfer is set to "True"

@OwenTC Hm something is modifying the data so I am unable to test with the same data. (Please see the screenshot below – my entry looks different than yours.) Are you passing in any other arguments to JsonToTable? Could you download and share the war room entry that is having this problem? (Should be a markdown file.)

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 5.12.49 PM.png

@asawyer I opened a support case in parallel to this post and they informed me that the fix for this is to upgrade the base pack to version (1.33.47).

I have tested this and it now works as expected

Appreciate your help!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!