Drag and Drop Source Configuration To Base Configuration Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Drag and Drop Source Configuration To Base Configuration Issue

L1 Bithead

Hi everybody,

im facing big issue with expedition, everytime i drag & drop.

Interfaces, Vr and Zones appears in the other side when i drag and drop but not the policies securities/Addresses/Objects.They are no more on Configuration Side but do not appears in Base Configuration.

After the Merge option, nothing is in the XML file except Interfaces, Zones and Vr 

Expedition version : 1.2.49

no error logs in /tmp/error

Thank you for helping me

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@yallemee Are you working on a pan-os base config or 3rd party vendor config.  can you review the video here for merging firewall config :

https://youtu.be/RMHfO4MA0jw

for merging with panorama config , you can refer the picture here :

Mapping cisco to panorama (1).png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

@yallemee If you are merging with a firewall config, please  drag the objects , policy from the left and drop them on top of the vsys1 folder on the right side, if you are merging with a panorama config, please drag those and drop them on top of the Device Group folder 

Hi Lychiang,

i tried with this method but same issue, only the Network part (Vr & interfaces) appears above Device group.

Regards,

Yonni.

@yallemee Are you working on a pan-os base config or 3rd party vendor config.  can you review the video here for merging firewall config :

https://youtu.be/RMHfO4MA0jw

for merging with panorama config , you can refer the picture here :

Mapping cisco to panorama (1).png

Hello,

im trying to merge a Cisco Asa config to Palo Alto. I already did this several times, but dont know why the objects and services drag dont work anymore... i followed the steps in the Video tutorial wich helped me the first times whent it worked...

L1 Bithead

Hi,

in fact if policies and objects are not dragged to Device Group, it disappear...

i did drag&drop like Lychiang said and it worked. But can't drag & drop Profile section (with Log Forwarding), either on Device Group or Vsys it disappear again.

That's not a very bloking point so i close the Topic.

Thank You.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!