Expedition Fusion remote exception

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Fusion remote exception

L2 Linker

Does anyone have an idea as to why I get a "remote exception" error when running Expedition on Fusion?

I also noticed the Jobs and Task Manager won't start.

Thanks,

Jonathan

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

I fixed this issue by running "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade".

If I understand correctly, it doesn't seem to be related to VMWare Fusion version of Expedition, but some interal state of the Ubuntu virtual machine, that got fixed through the update.

So, this seemed to be a OS/package corrupted filesystem issue, not that much related to Expedition of Fusion. Does it make sense?

That makes sense. I suspected it was an issue with Fusion because there was a different solution to fixing the errors when it was loaded on ESXi. In that case we had to convert it with the OVF tool before loading it on ESXi. I haven't tried installing it on Workstation or Player yet.

I'm still having this issue after doing the sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. I  convert it with VMware Workstation to an ovf before loading it on ESX. 

Any tips for me on how to get his fixed?

Thanks

Have you tried to download the OVA image straight? 

I fixed the issue by fixing some of the other issues the system had. 
The host for the Expedition Machine Learning needed to be set and the data structure folder had to be created and set. 

Thanks!

Also, notice that we should do an apt-get update, not upgrade.

Upgrading will upgrade all the packages in the system based on the last known versions. This may imply that you would install new version of PHP or the MariaDB that may have some backwards compatibility issues.
We have experienced this before with some of the packages that Expedition uses.
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!