Expedition - Replacing Object Names with IP Addresses in the Policy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition - Replacing Object Names with IP Addresses in the Policy

L0 Member

Hello,

I'm looking to replace individual object names with their respective ip addresses after importing the policy in Expedition.  I see where I can replace object groups with their individual members, but nothing for individual objects.  Is anyone familiar?  This would be a great help, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

For your goal, it is easier to convert those address objects to IP objects.

You can find that functionality using the right-click contextual menu that shows on the address objects

Thanks for responding.  My goal is to have all ip addresses within the policy.  No groups or individual objects.

Within the Objects tab, and in the address window, I right click > Address Actions > Transform > Object to IP Address.

I then go to the Policies tab, right click > Rule Actions > Replace > and choose both AddressGroup by Members on Source and Destination.

Afterwards, I still see quite a few object names in the policy.  Am I missing something?

Thank you

My guess is that not all the address objects got transformed. Probably you had pagination and you selected to transform just a subset of all the address objects.

Therefore, all the rest are still address objects and referenced as such in the policy

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!