Expedition Stuck at "Reading Config files"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedition Stuck at "Reading Config files"

L0 Member

I am trying to migrate configuration from Fortinet, It's quite big configuration (around 65K rule). When importing the config file. Expedition is stuck at reading config files.

I tried updating, increasing resources and even a fresh installation of Expedition but with the same result.
Is this a system limitatio

MohamedMezar_0-1716587727924.png

n for the number of objects to be migrated ?

5 REPLIES 5

L0 Member

It's doing the same for a smaller file as well. 

The same file was working before the update.

There is a recent hotfix (1.2.90)  related to FortiGate. It might have something to do with it. 

I am currently on 1.2.90.

L0 Member

Try to go for some previous version. My previous installation was two months old and it was working. 

Hi @Barely-Working and @Mohamed.Mezar 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your findings.

Is it possible you share your configuration file with us using a TAC case? if so, please send the TAC case number to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com 

I will check in my side as well with other configuration files.

For futher troubleshooting, when executing the migration, please check the file /tmp/error

Additionally, you can install the version 1.2.89 following the commands provided in the release notes.

Thanks 

David 

L4 Transporter

Hi @Mohamed.Mezar and @Barely-Working 

Please check the latest version 1.2.90.1. I found the bug and fixed in this patch. https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-release-notes/expedition-1-2-90-1-hotfix-information...
Thanks for pointing out the finding.

Hope this helps,

David

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 76 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!