cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Forcepoint Management center migration to panoroma

L0 Member

Hello

i have a question about the migration from forcepoint to paloalto network.

Is there a link or documentation that explain step by step the migration.Forcepoint does not use uinterface or zone in its policies it just use source and destination address. Will expedition be aware to know the source zone and destination zone ?

Cordially

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi @papa.seck 

I guess you mean Forcepoint > Stonesoft syntax. If that is the case the steps should be:

1) Go to import>Forcepoint>Stonesoft tab

2) Select the xml file with the config. 

3) Expedition will show a grid with the firewalls (FW) identified so you can map the FW with the policy it runs.

4) After the mapping click on import selected policies

5) Expedition will propose the zones based on the interfaces declared in the FW. 

6) After the conversion you can change the zone names. Even if you do some interface changes you can execute the AutoZone on the Security Rules and Nat rules so Expedition will get the zone based on the interfaces and static routes.

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

Best regards,

David

L0 Member

Thanks for your answer.

Yes i mean Forcepoint > Stonesoft .Now i have added my panoroma vm in expedition and i have created my project.

I don't use directly forcepoint firewall configuration but the management center.

I i understand you to do the migration i have to do this separateley:

1- export forcepoint object( host and service) and import in expedition

2-export forcepoint policy and import in expedition

Please need your help about the different step

Hi @papa.seck 

You should be able to export all configuration in one xml file.

Let me transcript here our public instructions available at https://pan.dev/expedition/docs/expedition_export/#stonesoft

StoneSoft

Please follow the below instructions to export the StoneSoft configuration:

1. Select Menu > File > Export > Export All Elements.
  2. Select an option: Enter a file name for the export file. Click Browse to select the location where you want to create the file.
  3. Click Export.

Let me know if you have any other doubt,

Best regards,

David

After exporting the file i have another problem.

On expedition i browse to import the file as a forcepoint configuration but it dos not load anything.

Hi @papa.seck 

Could you share your export with us using a TAC case? So we can check it in our lab.

Please send the TAC case number to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Thanks,

David

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!