From Checkpoint to Palo Alto - FW Migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

From Checkpoint to Palo Alto - FW Migration

L4 Transporter

FWs - Migration from Checkpoint to Palo Alto

Good afternoon LiveCommunity, as always, thank you for your time, good vibes and collaboration.

Soon we have a mission to migrate some Firewall Checkpoints to Palo Alto.

Well I plan to use Expedition to perform the migration processes.

FW HA Checkpoint series 4000 - with a Appliance Smart1 to FW HA PA 32XX.

Now according to your experiences what or which aspects to consider for these processes, to have a double check, requirements, etc.

Another more specific doubt:

The first process, the "Exporting Configuration" "SmartCenter Server where Checkpoint R80 management is running" This refers example, in an environment where they have the Smart1 Appliance and the FW in HA Cluster, this step should be taken from the Firewalls or from the Smart1 console?
-And the second second point, the one of :Exporting Routing and interfaces, from the Firewall CLI, you can run the following: netstat -nr > routes.txt. I would understand that this step should be taken from the Firewall not from the Smart1 console, please correct me if I am wrong.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/migrating-checkpoint-r80-updated-on-decembe...

Thanks for your time, I remain attentive to all your comments, advices, suggestions, contributions, details, considerations,all points and comments are valid.

Regards

High Sticker
0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!