Merge 3 Panorama's into 1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Merge 3 Panorama's into 1

L2 Linker

I am needing to combine/merge 3 separate Panorama's into 1 and looking for suggestions as to the best way to handle this? I have combined/merged firewalls before but not Panorama's. I don't see a straightforward way to handle this in Expedition so maybe Expedition is not the way to handle it. I also have an issue with objects that are currently shared. 2 of the Pano's manage a pretty large number of 220's and currently have a sizable number of shared objects while the 3rd Pano manages enterprise firewalls that have an even larger number of shared objects. I am pretty sure combining them will exceed the number the 220 can support.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @aporue 

I would first create a project and import your base panorama (or the one you are migrating to) so this will be where all 3 panorama's merge into 1 device and set it as your base on the export tab within the project. Then I would go ahead and import the 3 separate panorama devices and fix all of their issues (duplicates, ghost objects, etc). Then I would go ahead and drag and drop them into your base panorama config you imported from the start and merge them.

After doing that you will notice all of your configs now reside on this panorama within the expedition tool, and from here I would go ahead and address all of the problems now associated with merging all of these devices into one. I would also advice saving multiple snapshots throughout the process in case you have to start over. Then once you are done you should be able to export this config or push it as an API.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Yes, it makes sense. I was trying to set 1 of the 3 as the base config instead of using a blank one. I guess that would work also but probably cleaner the way you suggested. Thanks, I will see how that works.

Any thoughts on the problem with the 'shared' objects? I know in Expedition you can convert a non-shared object to a shared object but not the other way around. My understanding is that all shared objects get installed on all firewalls so that would be a problem once combining all of the Pano's.

Thanks.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!