Merging of security policies result in sequence gotten out of order

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Merging of security policies result in sequence gotten out of order

L2 Linker

Hi all,  I've got 2 different sets of PAN xml files, both contained firewall policies are almost identical, except 1 of them contains additional rules. I've imported both into Expedition and merge both configs together,  such that the security policies would contained the set of policies from FW1 above, and the set of policies from FW 2 below.

With that, I would need remove duplicates, however, when I tried to filter and merged all the duplicated policies together, somehow after merging, I realised that the rules position have gotten out of order. 

Am I doing it the right way?

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hello @chtoh82 ,

When you do merge on security policies, the new merged rules will not be at the same position as the old rules, it usually moved to the bottom of all rules.  However you can change the rules older, you can highlight the rules you want to change the order , for example, if you want to move all the new merged rules to the top of the specific rules, highlighted all rules and click on "Move" button , select you want to move to "Top" of which specific rule name , please see attached screenshot.  

Hi @lychiang  thanks for answer, however it is quite weird that not all merged rules appeared at the bottom of the ruleset but only a few of them.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!