Migration from pa500 to pa820

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migration from pa500 to pa820

L1 Bithead

I am planning on using the migration tool to conver the config from pa500.

To do this once I get the same firmware on both the boxed do I also have to import the base config from the pa820 to the migration tool?

I also read somewhere something about the code versions on both the firmwares, how does the migration tool figure out the code versions during the conversion?

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

I just make sure the code is the same family, i.e 7,8, not as much the subversions.  With that said, it is best to have them the same.

I would import the 850 with nothing configured (vwire interfaces removed, etc.) as a Device and use it as the Base image after you have imported and modifed your old config in Expedition.  Once merged, you can push it back to the 850 via API.

HTH,
Bob

By code version you mean the firmware version of the devie itself right? You are saying panos 7.0 or 8.0 is fine.

And to expand on the process I need to import the base config from 820 to expedition and then import the xml from 500 and convert everything and import back on 820?

At the end I need to add 820 to panorama and remove the pa500 from the panorama, so just using the "import from device" and creating new templates,groups and pushing back to the firewall should do it?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!