5 Internet link (Public IP Address) installing to Palo Alto PA 220

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

5 Internet link (Public IP Address) installing to Palo Alto PA 220

L1 Bithead
Hi All, I plan to install PA 220 to my network. I have 5 Internet links that will connect to PA 220. Does it have any problem if i take 3 Internet links to configure load balancing and other remain 2 Internet links for HA?
3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Each user gets his own ISP link? 🙂

PA doesn't support load balancing. You can achieve some LB with PBF rules, like web traffic over one link, other traffic over different link.

HA can also be achieved with PBF rules for as many links as you like. You have to create your own rules (logic) for checking and switching links.

Thanks for your reply, And what does 3 virtual routers mean in PA 220? If i have 500 users, is it possible that I use PA 220?

Each virtual router is a seperate routing table. Something like VRF in Cisco world. it has nothing to do with number of users, it's about desired routing configuration and seperation of traffiic and routes.

The only limit on the device is the declared throughput. But even in that case PA devices usually perform better than their declared troughput. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!