About Category

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

About Category

L0 Member

Hello 

I have a palo alto firewall at my work and i manage to block all sites and allow some  , but some of allowed sites in the blocked category that came from palo alto .. my question is there any way to edit there pre installed category to remove some site from it ? 

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @Abdulaziz.1 ,

If you have a website that you wish to allow, that is currently being blocked by a category match, you can create a custom URL Category. If you go to Objects -> Custom Objects -> URL Category. 

Add a new category with the type "URL List". You can place any URLs you wish to allow. Then, go into the existing URL Filtering Security Profile you have enforced for web traffic (make sure it's the security profile that is currently matched in the security policy that is blocking your traffic). Configure the site access of the new custom URL Category to "allow". 

Hope this helps! 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

You can create a custom URL object because the first priority is:

- URL custom categories

- EDL

- PAN DB cache

- PAN-DB cloud

That means if you configure the action in your custom url in the URL profile this action will be first. 

L0 Member

I try the solution but it still blocked some sites. if there is another way to block evrey thing and disable the whole category then allow some site it will be great because i need only 6 - 7 site

Community Team Member

Hi @Abdulaziz.1 ,

Yes, you do that with a custom url category as explained by some other users previously.

Could you please share more on how you configured it exactly ?

Thank you,

Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!