cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Can not use captive portal

L2 Linker

Good afternoon!

I'm configuring captive portal to authenticate user through Radius. I followed steps on How to Setup Radius Authentication for Captive Portal ( enable UI on source & destination interface => create Radius Server Profile and Radius Authentication Profile => enable Captive Portal on UI with that Radius Profile & Transparent mode => create Captive Portal policy (web-form action)) but it didn't work.

I've use the cli "test cp-policy-match source x.x.x.x destination y.y.y.y", the result is "No rule matched".

Please help me with what I've missed. I'm using PA 5060, PANOS 5.0.8, multiple virtual system environment. Thank you very much.

17 REPLIES 17

In fact, my situation is:

- Create two zones: zone A and zone B. Some PCs in zone A need to VNC remote to some PCs in zone B.

- I want to limit VNC connection. For example:

+ user1A in zone A can only VNC to PC1B in zone B, not all PCs in zone B.

+ user2A in zone A can only VNC to PC2B in zone B, not all PCs in zone B.

+ usernA in zone A can only VNC to PCnB in zone B, not all PCs in zone B.

Is it possible ?

Thank you very much.

Finally, I knew what I had missed. That's the destination must have web service running. If the destination PC don't have an installed web server, the captive portal won't appear.

Thank you very much, Slawek. By the way, how do users logout their account that they've authenticated on captive portal ?

Hi

That good news that it's working!

Please read this topic ending captive session with browser close

for information about logout.

Regards

SLawek

• 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!