Can't activate " VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial" from Azure Marketplace

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't activate " VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial" from Azure Marketplace

L1 Bithead

Hi there, 

I attempt to start to "“VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial “ in Azure Marketplace . When I clicked the link "“VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial “. It popped 404 not found. Could you advise how to activate it? 

Besides, I saw that there is a 30-day trial,is it an independent plan from paid services or you only have paid plan and subscribers have the first 30 days free licenses. Also, may I know the trial could be resumed if I stop the firewall and start over few days later?   
Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

Are you talking about the Free Test Drive? 

wait.. I looked again here:

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/paloaltonetworks.vmseries-ngfw?tab=Ove...

There is a link there.. that I see now.. 

VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial

But I also get the 404 error.. for both free trials..  Bundle 1 and 2.. 

Since we do not manage that page, Azure does, I would recommend reaching out to them about this link not working. 

Now, saying that, I tried to report it, as not working.. but not sure how quickly they can get on it.  (but I did)

As far as the 30 day free, that does not appear to be the same as the Free Test Drive..   

They have a 12 month free with $200 in services.. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/search/?&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIutO19PLR5wIVAtbACh3Qow9pEAAYASAAEg...

But I cannot answer starting and stopping .. you would have to reach out to MS Azure about that.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

@CiciPeng 

This issue has been reported.. but I think I found a "workaround" for this issue.. 

on this page:

On that page there are 2 links:

If I take out the first URL and leave the second part of the URL:

It appears to work.. Try it out and see.. 

But again, this has all been reported to Microsoft Azure support and should be fixed soon for everyone else.

Stay Secure,
Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for prompt reply. May I know what VM-series bundle 1 Free trial looks like ? It seems like the it is offer from paloalto.
Could you elaborate the plan and how is it different from Test drive plan. Thanks. 

Regards,
Cici 

First thing.. I was able to hear back from Microsoft, and they have confirmed that this Free Trial is working again.

Second thing, about the Ultimate Test Drive.. and how it is different..  

The Free Trial is just that.. it is a Free trial, and the Test drive are guided experiences..

Our virtual Ultimate Test Drive program is designed to provide you with a guided hands-on experience of our highly automated and natively integrated security platform. Each virtual Ultimate Test Drive will introduce you to the innovative ways in which we can improve your security posture and protect your organization from advanced threats. We have eight different tracks that allow you to get behind the wheel of our Next-Generation Security Platform with our virtual Ultimate Test Drives, and experience the power of Palo Alto Networks®!

Ultimate Test Drive

Stay Secure,
Joe

@jdelio,

Thank you again for following up this inquiry. 
Regarding the test drive, I have fully understood by your clarification, but still not quiet understand what is the "VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial" package. 

Is that I select VM-series Next-Generation Firewall ( Bundle 1 PAYG) and get 30 days free. If yes, when I will be billed and how to stop charge after the free trial is end. 

If no, could you elaborate how the free trial work. 

Thanks. 

what about panorama free trial i am looking around and there is nothing for panaroma , the only license i see is BYOL which is stopping me to do POC labs for my customer 😞 . is there any work around for it 

Re @CiciPeng  and @aorakzai , 

Sorry for the late reply about the Free Trial programs.  I wish that I had all of the details on the free programs, but I do not. Especially about the billing questions. But the Sales group does have all of the answers, and I would recommend that you reach out to them about this. 

Please contact them here:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company/contact-sales

They should be able to help answer all of your questions on the free trials.

Stay Secure,
Joe

L1 Bithead

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used the bundle1 free license with the free Azure account/subscription? When I click "VM-Series Bundle 1 Free Trial" in the market place page of Paloalto VM, I click "create" with "VM-Series Next-Generation firewall (Bundle 1 PAYG)". At last step "review and create", there's an error shown in the attachment. What should I do next? 

RiceWu_0-1669105930958.png

@RiceWu,

Seems like you haven't enabled marketplace purchases on an EA account, or your are using the free Azure subscription which doesn't allow you to purchase things from the marketplace like this using those credits, or you're using one of the student accounts which has the same issue by default.

What process you need to follow to address this depends on how your account is actually setup. Easily able to find the process for each respective process through Google however. 

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!