Can't install GlobalProtect on Win 10 Pro

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Can't install GlobalProtect on Win 10 Pro

L0 Member

Hi All,

I am trying to install GlobalProtect on my Win 10 Pro but failed and got the message about no mfc120u,dll. Then I googled it and saw people suggest to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package to solve this problem. But after I downloaded this Microsoft Visual, my computer indicated this app can't run on my pc and told me to check with the software publisher. I tried EVERY possible solutions recommended by google, like setting up a new admin account, change security settings, etc. but none of them works.

Can anybody please help me here? So desperate right now.

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

@Bbisland , I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I looked and inside this KB article, it talks about this issue.. 

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PLQ8CAO

It also suggests installing the c++ software:

"Workaround
Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package version 12.0.2xxxx or earlier, and then install the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64 or x86) version 12.0.3xxxx from the C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks \GlobalProtect folder (vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe).

Resolution

Following the release notes workaround, download and install Visual C++ 2013 from the link below.

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

• For 64-bit version of Windows, make sure to install both the "vcredist_x86.exe" and "vcredist_x64.exe" files
  • For 32-bit version of Windows, only install the "vcredist_x86.exe" file"

I don't know if this will help or not.. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!