can we configure a data interface to perform HA path monitoring?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

can we configure a data interface to perform HA path monitoring?

L4 Transporter

I would like to configure HA failover condition that utilizes my data interface to perform path monitoring. this way, firewalls will failover when there is a routing issue. I don't see an option to use a source interface/ IP under HA-path Monitoring-Add virtual router path.

is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Per the help documentation:

The source IP address for path groups associated with virtual routers will be automatically configured as the interface IP address that is indicated in the route table as the egress interface for the specified destination IP address.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@OtakarKlier thanks for sharing the links. Unfortunately, those 2 articles donot have the info I am looking for.

Hello,

Sorry I must have misread the original question. So no you cannot use a source interface. When you select VirtualRouter as a path, the ping will be sourced from it and it will determine the exit interface to check the path.

Hope that makes sense.

@OtakarKlier I have defined my data interfaces in the virtual router configuration. does that mean the pings will be sourced through them but not Management port?

Hello,

Per the help documentation:

The source IP address for path groups associated with virtual routers will be automatically configured as the interface IP address that is indicated in the route table as the egress interface for the specified destination IP address.

Hope that helps!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!