Commit icon does NOT unhighlight on 8.0.x for Panorama-VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit icon does NOT unhighlight on 8.0.x for Panorama-VM

L2 Linker

Hello Community,

I have been experiencing different behavior with the commit icon (on the top right) of my Panorama-VM GUI since I upgraded from 7.1.11 to 8.0.3 (8.0.2, and 8.0.3-h4 has the same issue).

On PanOS-8.0.x the commit icon stays highlighted even though I do not have anything to commit for both the Panorama config and the context device configs (device groups & templates).

During my troubleshooting efforts I removed the context device from the Panorama-VM management completely and still the commit icon stays highlighted. I even spun up an entirely new Panorama-VM instance and the issue is present on 8.0.x code, but not on 7.1.11 or lower.

I usually rely on the commit icon to remind me of template/device group changes that I forgot to push to the context devices and for the actually panorama-vm commit changes that I’ve made – this false highlighting of the commit icon is causing me to think I have candidate-config changes that need to be committed.

Is anyone else experiencing the same type of behavior?

Thanks in advanced,

- Josh

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

On Panorama, commit link will stay active even if any device group or template devices are out of sync.

Can you confirm that all your firewalls managed from Panorama are in sync?

Using 7.1.x  PANOS code and later, the commit icon would grey out if there was nothing to be commited on Panorama and the context devices (managed devices) all where sync'd

My managed devices are all sync'd and I have nothing to commit on my Panorama-VM config.

I have yet to find any documentation on the new icon functionality in the 8.0.x release notes. I have a case opened with Palo Alto TAC - and is currently escalated.

Regards,

-JD

L2 Linker

This is a change to the default behavior, but was not documented at ALL. The Palo SE has put in a "feature request", I will keep the community updated of the latest.

Regards,

-JD

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!