Dynamic block lists - possible xml config corruption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic block lists - possible xml config corruption

Not applicable

We recently upgraded to 5.0 and one of the first things I wanted to try out was the dynamic block lists.  I set up 4 block lists (dshield, zeus tracker, palevo tracker, spyeye tracker) and tested to make sure the URLs were accessible.  I rec'd the message that they were accessible/readable, so I set them to pull data daily at 7:00am, 7:01am, 7:02am, and 7:03am.  It turns out the files weren't in the correct format so we got the message that no valid IPs were found (or something like that).  At 7:00:59am the firewall started to go a bit haywire.  DHCP would not traverse the firewall, VPN connections kept dropping, and we kept getting logged off the firewall web interface.  It turns out the config file got corrupt (apparently due to the block lists).  In a rush to get the firewall back inline, we were not able to save the config file at the time to review it.  What fixed it was downgrading and upgrading again.

My question is - has anyone else run in to issues due to the dynamic block lists? 

I'm wondering if this was just a fluke thing or if there are issues with the block lists.

Future plans include making sure the block lists we use are in the proper format.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

That is certainly not the expected behavior!  If you are able to reproduce this (or if anyone else has run into the same issue), please do open a case with Support so that we can properly troubleshoot the issue and determine what the issue is.

Thanks,

Doris

I've currently got a ticket open with our support provider to see if we can find anything.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!