Experience with PANOS 6 so far ?

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

We installed new PA-3020s on Friday with 6.0. It's only been a few days and we haven't had a single problem. We have HA, IPSec tunnels, multiple virtual routers, tons of PBFs and static routes and everything has been great.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I use PA-3050 in my lab, from 5.0.10 to 6.0.0, but some feature like DHCP is not working well, i try to delete and recreate, then it working.

DNS Proxy is failed too, try to delete and recreate is still problem.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

cloughr,

Has PA resolved this for you?  I use group membership in several critical rules, this kind of issue really grabs my attention.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

We are using DHCP on 6.0 for one of our networks and it's working great.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Mario,

Yes it work for workstation, but tested with mobile phone it can't, then i delete and recreate, it's work well now.

For DNS proxy, i think it should work, because my dns server is the problem then it effect to appliance to resolve name.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I installed PANOS 6...have some issue with ftp (known bug)

Highlighted
L2 Linker

You need update the content version first, and after this you should have no problems for update at version 6.0.0

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Got the same problem. Upgrade from 5.10 to 6.1 !

User ID do not match with "included user groups" and all traffic is denied.

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Try and rebuild the userinfo.xml file using the following commands:

> debug user-id clear group all

> debug user-id reset group-mapping all

> debug user-id reset user-id-manager type user-group

> configure

# commit force

This will force the firewall to rebuild the userid.xml file based on a refresh from the LDAP server. If this doesn't work, give support a call so that we can take a look.

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Hi guys,

also have problems with the user groups. any solution?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!