Getting commit error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Getting commit error

L1 Bithead

vsys -> vsys1 -> application-status -> tiktok 'tiktok' is not a valid reference
vsys -> vsys1 -> application-status is invalid
Commit failed

Getting error after new content version installed but when reverted issue fixed.

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hello,

If you go look on the firewall itself under Objects>Applications, is tiktok (and -posting, -base, -uploading) both there and enabled? My first thought is you have "Disable new apps in content updates" checked.

Do you have Panorama? If so are you seeing this error when committing on Panorama, or when pushing the change to the firewall? 

Hello

Thank you for your response. 
 I am getting error while doing commit on local firewall. I verified application is enable. 

L4 Transporter

If you cli into the firewall and run "less mp-log ms.log". Does it give you more details where it specifically failed at? 

And to clarify, do you use Panorama at all or this firewall enitrely self managed?

Hi, 

it is self managed firewall. I will run the commands and update here.

L6 Presenter

@Saurabh1 wrote:

vsys -> vsys1 -> application-status -> tiktok 'tiktok' is not a valid reference
vsys -> vsys1 -> application-status is invalid
Commit failed

Getting error after new content version installed but when reverted issue fixed.

This error comes from the scenario that @Claw4609  mentioned.  This will only happen when you're using an application in policy that isn't in the Application database of the firewall/Panorama.

Make sure the application is viewable in the 'Objects' --> 'Applications' view.  If it is, try any variation of the following:

Delete the current content version for Apps and Threats, then reinstall.

Download and install a newer Apps and Threats content version.

Where the application is used in policy, remove it from the policy and commit to the firewall.  Then re-add it back to the policy it was in then commit.

L0 Member

Thanks for the info, I also want to know it.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!