Global protect split tunnel setup

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have 8.1.5 on the pa and 4.1.11-9 client

I have setup the gateway for video traffic exclusion, and selected 

youtube-streaming

netflix-streaming 

But a simple test shows utube still come over the tunnel address

I want to allow MS Teams to by pass the tunnel, so I goto agent / client setting select my config and split tunnel 

domain and application 

but the app runs from 

{userprofile}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\current\Teams.exe

how can i enter that into the config 

43 REPLIES 43

@SergGur Thanks a lot for your comments and your detailed explanations!

I am happy that so many people shared their personal experience in this thread, and I am deeply convinced that as a community we can work around some of the big challenges we are all facing at the moment. 

My post was just the starting point, when I was saying that the %variable% method works, I was meaning that it is possible to configure some tunneling exclusions based on applications with the %variable%. I tried it as well and it seemed like some of the MS Teams traffic was not tunneled anymore, so I assume the GP Client could recognize that some of the traffic was originated from this application. Nevertheless, I quickly started facing some issues with some of the MS Teams features (like online meetings for example). I agree with you when you say that this method does not work for MS Teams.

Have you tried this with some other applications as well?

After reading through a lot of this, are most of these posts basically saying that none of the mentioned solutions are foolproof, and consistently work?  

where do i check to see if i have subscription or not?

I still have the same problem video exclusion from split tunnel does not work

@rgunna2020 What application are you trying to optimize? Are you talking about the MS Teams?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!