Global Protect

Highlighted
Not applicable

Global Protect

Hi all,

im tryng various option to disable the global protect client on my macbook.

The vpn client works fine, but if i select the disable option with ticket, or with pass code, and try to disconnect from the client it's disconnect without challange or request password. I've also specified to doesn't display the advenced tab and i see the option in grey... disabled, but if i click on show pannel it's also in advanced mode.

The authentication type is local database, on demand.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Global Protect

No one have an idea for this? There isn't anyone from Palo Alto tech support?

Highlighted
L6 Presenter

Unfortunately this forum is more of a "customers helping customers" with some PaloAlto dudes (and dudettes ;-) showing up every now and then.

For a real or urgent problem you are adviced to contact your sales rep / sales engineer to setup a proper support case.

Dunno why it is this way, would save some time if forum threads could be automagically taken care of by the support dudes/dudettes aswell...

Highlighted
L3 Networker

What version of GP are you using?  And have you configured the Portal to allow for an override shut down?

Highlighted
Not applicable

I'm using all the last release, i've opened a ticket at suport team.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

This is easy to do. firstly you need app cleaner installed on your mac. open app cleaner and then on a separate window you open up the application folder and select the GP entry - don't do anything yet.

next you you go to utilities > activity monitor and look for the GP service. You need to force the service to stop and before the GP client has the chance to start again, then very quickly you need to copy the GP application from the application folder into app cleaner and then click to remove the application.

It's tricky but after a couple of failed attempts you will master it.

GP is awful, stick to Cisco VPN client until PA can sort out all the bugs.....

Rod

Highlighted
Not applicable

I've asked for a feature to deny the unblock vpn and you say to uninstal?

Highlighted
Palo Alto Networks Guru

The disable option is only used if 'on-demand' is disabled, meaning if GlobalProtect is in a mode where it would automatically connect to the gateway. From your post I believe your in on-demand mode, which is why you see a connect and disconnect option.

Highlighted
Palo Alto Networks Guru

Rod, what is it about GlobalProtect that makes it so aweful? Sure, every product has issues, but we get pretty good feedback from other customers. I'd like to understand how we could help to make sure you have a better product experience too.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I don't quite understand why it is awful?  We have been using it for over a year and after everything was configured properly it works flawlessly!  I love how when products don't work exactly how someone envisions them to that they are immediately awful.  PA tech support was great when we needed help setting up GP.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!