GlobalProtect and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

L2 Linker

Hello,

some of my colleagues are testing OS X 10.10 and the global protect client does not work. I read that Apple changed something with their signatures and when I take a look into the info.plist of the GlobalProtect Client it looks like this software is build with 10.6

# less /Applications/GlobalProtect.app/Contents/Info.plist

<key>DTSDKName</key>

<string>macosx10.6</string>

http://fairerplatform.com/2014/08/apples-os-x-yosemite-code-signing-letter-devs/

"...If you build code with an older version of OS X, use OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later to sign your app and create v2 signatures using the codesign tool..."

Tried to start the kernel extension with 10.10

Aug 11 11:59:41 mbpro-hm.local PanGPS[914]: PanGPS starts

Aug 11 11:59:41 mbpro-hm.local com.apple.kextd[19]: ERROR: invalid signature for com.paloaltonetworks.kext.pangpd, will not load

With 10.9.4 or below

sudo kextutil /Applications/GlobalProtect.app/Contents/Resources/pangpd.kext

Diagnostics for pangpd.kext:

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid

kext com.paloaltonetworks.kext.pangpd  100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

kext com.paloaltonetworks.kext.pangpd  100009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

Does somebody know something about a new version for OS X 10.10 (!! 10.9.5 will be affected too)?

Thanks

Stephan

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi

Official reply is (taken few days ago from community, but now I cn't find this message):

GlobalProtect Client Does Not Work with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

stworzony przez sjamaluddin dnia 2014-07-28 16:07, ostatnia modyfikacja wykonana przez panagent dnia 2014-07-28 16:49

Wersja 6

For Internal Use Only

Issue

Apple released a new version of the Mac OS (10.10 - Yosemite). This version, though still in beta, is available to the public. Many people have installed and are using Mac OS X Yosemite already.

Our GlobalProtect clients (1.x. and 2.0.x) currently do not work with Mac OS X. (10.10).

Resolution

Engineering is working to update the GlobalProtect client. Until the release of the updated client, consider the following workaround:

Users may return to Mac OS X 10.9 behavior with kernel modules by running the following command in Terminal:

$ sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Then, reboot the Mac.

Note: The above command must be executed by a user with administrative privileges. The command will prompt for the user's password.

The workaround will be in effect until the next 2.0.x release of the GlobalProtect client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi

Official reply is (taken few days ago from community, but now I cn't find this message):

GlobalProtect Client Does Not Work with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

stworzony przez sjamaluddin dnia 2014-07-28 16:07, ostatnia modyfikacja wykonana przez panagent dnia 2014-07-28 16:49

Wersja 6

For Internal Use Only

Issue

Apple released a new version of the Mac OS (10.10 - Yosemite). This version, though still in beta, is available to the public. Many people have installed and are using Mac OS X Yosemite already.

Our GlobalProtect clients (1.x. and 2.0.x) currently do not work with Mac OS X. (10.10).

Resolution

Engineering is working to update the GlobalProtect client. Until the release of the updated client, consider the following workaround:

Users may return to Mac OS X 10.9 behavior with kernel modules by running the following command in Terminal:

$ sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Then, reboot the Mac.

Note: The above command must be executed by a user with administrative privileges. The command will prompt for the user's password.

The workaround will be in effect until the next 2.0.x release of the GlobalProtect client.

Hi,

sorry that I created a similar post but I did not find any information about it either too.

Thanks for the workaround, it will work for those who can not wait until PaloAlto released a version for 10.10.

Thanks

Stephan

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!