GlobalProtect Client Startup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Client Startup

After installing the Global Protect Client on our Windows 7 laptops, every time our users start their machines once they login to our network on the LAN the Global Protect Client pops up and wants to connect. Is there a way to supress that popup when the computer starts?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a major issue that needs to be addressed as we are not using the SSO functionality of this client.  Our users are getting frustrated by having to close out an application every time they log into their laptop...I will contact my SE as instructed but felt like it needed to be stated here as well for others. 

What about simply removing the "run" key for GlobalProtect from the startup items.  This is really only an issue if you are using "On Demand" access which the user expects to manually access the software anyway...

Justin

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L5 Sessionator

By design, GP client pops up to connect. Please contact your SE for a feature request to include a disable option to prevent the pop up.

I am new to the Palo Alto discussion groups. Please explain..."contact your SE"

Thanks

Hi,

For any issues related to design, feature request, licenseing for the product please contact the Reseller from whom you purchased the device (as a first point of contact) or Palo Alto Networks Sales Engineering Team if you bought the device directly from us.

If you donot happen to know your sales Engineer, please get in touch with our sales Team at the follwoing E-mail.

Sales Inquiries
US and North America:

contact_sales@paloaltonetworks.com

Regards,

Parth

This is a major issue that needs to be addressed as we are not using the SSO functionality of this client.  Our users are getting frustrated by having to close out an application every time they log into their laptop...I will contact my SE as instructed but felt like it needed to be stated here as well for others. 

What about simply removing the "run" key for GlobalProtect from the startup items.  This is really only an issue if you are using "On Demand" access which the user expects to manually access the software anyway...

Justin

Justin,

We did as you suggested, we changed to "On-Demand" mode...problem solved.

Thanks

I finally understand how this works from one of the tech-notes. The default configuration after installation is SSO, and the mode is set to on-demand only after a login to the portal. The problem is, when we roll-out the software it gets installed on everyone's PCs including some non-VPN users as well. So, these users just click cancel but the pop-up appears every time they reboot. Is there an installation option that sets the login as on-demand as default?

cmuchong wrote:

I finally understand how this works from one of the tech-notes. The default configuration after installation is SSO, and the mode is set to on-demand only after a login to the portal. The problem is, when we roll-out the software it gets installed on everyone's PCs including some non-VPN users as well. So, these users just click cancel but the pop-up appears every time they reboot. Is there an installation option that sets the login as on-demand as default?

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

No, we just got everyone to logon at least once to get the "on-demand" configuration. The list of gateways (portal license/multiple gateways) also downloads to a local cache, so the logon helps with this too.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!