google searched blocked

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

google searched blocked

I have an issue that seems to only be affecting one user. They seemingly randomly get the block page when doing a google search. Looking at logs most searches are allowed but then I will see the occasional block-url. I think I have narrowed it down to when chrome is opened the first search fails. Searching after that works ok. If I open a new chrome tab then gets blocked again on the first search. The home page is set to google.com. I tried explicitly setting it to https://www.google.com but same result. Any idea why just the first search is getting the block?

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@gvyskocil,

What does the URL log actually say that denied the traffic? 

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

shows application google-base with an action of block-url for the url www.google.com/search. I had support take a look at it with me and they are not sure what is causing it. They believe something with the PC since it is only happening with one user. It's strange though, as long as you are using the same tab, the same search when done a second time works. Create a new browser window or tab and the first one is blocked. Subsequent search in that tab/windows work fine.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!