GP switch from 'pre-logon' user to 'logged in' user

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP switch from 'pre-logon' user to 'logged in' user

L0 Member

Hi,

We have got global protect pre-logon set up and pretty much working now after quite a few issues.

We still have one issue, although the pre-logon user connects fine when starting the end device prior to logging on (says connected on the windows screen and in remote users in the gateway it shows the pre-logon user), when the user logs on the user does not automatically change to be the logged on user, the GP client doesnt appear in the tray and in order to get it to change in the remote user section you have to click on the GP client icon on the desktop and then you see it change in the gateway. I understood this to be a seamless process of changing over once logging in.

Can anyone advise what might be causing this? I cannot see any errors in either the logs or in system on the firewall itself.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@smallbluedot,

It sounds like the GP service isn't loving your installation for some reason or another. I would verify that this is actually working on a "base" machine (IE: Joined to the domain but without any Group Policy applied or standard applications installed). You may be running into an incompatability with something else that is "standard" software within your delpoyment image. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!