HA Pair manual syncronization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

HA Pair manual syncronization

L3 Networker

Good morning, I'm trying to understand the behavior with this command  request high-availability sync-to-remote running-config .  I have a HA active/passive pair that I had some config sync issues after an OS upgrade.  

If I want to push the active running configuration from my active device to my passive device, do I run this command from the active device or the passive device?  

I would assume I would be running it from the active device.

Please advise,

Thanks Dan

9 REPLIES 9

L3 Networker

Oh along with this.  Currently the config sync link is missing from the HA widget on the dashboard.  Kinda strange.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I would verify your HA config first. However its best practice to sync from Active to Passive.

Regards,

L3 Networker

Thanks for the reply.  That helped.

L3 Networker

I'm digging this one up as I'm now encountering the same issue I had the last time I did my PAN OS upgrade.  After I suspend preemptive in the HA settings. I suspend the local device, the passive device becomes active.  I install on newly passive device, I commit on the device  Once the device reboots, I have an unsyncronized pair. 

Danross_0-1662035683867.png

So, at this point I would like to copy the active running config from the active device to the passive device in an attempt to resync before continuing.

This is the command I'm running from the active device.  I'm just confused on the language they use. 

request high-availability sync-to-remote running-config
Executing this command will overwrite the candidate configuration on the peer and trigger a commit on the peer. Do you want to continue? (y or n)

In this instance will the candidate configuration of the remote device, aka the passive device will be over written by the current running config of the Active device?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Its always best to sync from the active to the passive device. If performing updates. DO all commit's prior to the upgrade and just let things sync naturally.

When performing a sync from one device, it will overwrite the other.

Hope that helps.

L0 Member

Good afternoon gentlemen.  I am Dan Ross from this post above.  I've recently left my position with the agency I worked for during the time of this posting.  Is there anyway that I can migrate my account to a new account if I don't have access to the email address of the old account?  Please direct me to the appropriate party that might be able to help.  I suspect that without access I will not be able to transfer.  Eitherway thanks for the help.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@danoman2,

You can email community@paloaltonetworks.com and they can give you access to your original account. 

L0 Member

I've heard nothing back from them as of yet, thanks for the heads up.  I'm hoping I can merge the two accounts.  My fear is they're going to do this without warning and I'll loose all of my beacon certs.

L3 Networker

Looks like they took care of it for me.  Thanks!

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!