Having trouble passing traffic from one VPN through to another

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Having trouble passing traffic from one VPN through to another

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

Here's what I'm trying to do - I have a PA firewall with two VPNs - let's call them A and B. I'm trying to work out how to get traffic from site A to route through to site B, but it's eluding me - the site B tunnel doesn't come up.

I have tunnel.198 to Site A with a route passing 192.168.24.0/21 traffic to that tunnel, and tunnel.300 with a route passing 10.10.27.2/32 to that tunnel.

I've added proxy IDs to the A/B VPNs so that the site A VPN is advertising the site B network and vice versa.

Clearly I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work - can somebody clarify?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Turns out it wasn't an issue with my config, the remote VPN admin had given me the wrong settings so the ipsec tunnel wasn't coming up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

And a quick follow-up: there are no NAT rules in place - are they required?

Turns out it wasn't an issue with my config, the remote VPN admin had given me the wrong settings so the ipsec tunnel wasn't coming up.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!